Windows 10 has a default gateway that allows you to connect with the public internet. This is called an open, or external, IP address. The reason it’s not available on Windows 10 is because Microsoft has disabled some settings from being able to be accessed through group policies.
The “the default gateway is not available windows 10 keeps happening 2020” has been a problem that many people have experienced. The issue seems to be related to the Windows 10 update, which was released in July of 2018.
Milan Stanojevic is a writer who lives in Belgrade, Serbia.
Expert in Windows and Software
Milan has been fascinated by computers since he was a youngster, and this has led him to be interested in all PC-related technology. He worked as a front-end web developer before joining WindowsReport. Continue reading
Updated on November 12th, 2021
Posted on May 20, 2021
- The default gateway is not accessible issue is caused by a problem with your network adapter.
- Change the Power Management settings or install a fresh Ethernet driver.
- To make sure the PC isn’t contaminated with a virus, run antivirus software on it.
- Changing the frequency of your Wireless Router is another solution to this issue.
BY CLICKING ON THE DOWNLOAD FILE, YOU CAN INSTALL XINSTALL.
We propose Restoro PC Repair Tool to address a variety of PC issues: This program will fix common computer faults, protect you against file loss, viruses, and hardware failure, and optimize your PC to run at its best. In three simple actions, you can immediately fix PC problems and eradicate viruses:
- Download the Restoro PC Repair Tool, which includes patent-pending technologies (patent available here).
- To detect Windows faults that may be causing PC difficulties, click Start Scan.
- To correct problems that are hurting your computer’s security and performance, click Repair All.
- This month, 0 readers have downloaded Restoro.
Internet troubles may be quite inconvenient, and one issue that Windows 10 customers have encountered is the message “The default gateway is not accessible.”
Due to improper IP configurations, your default gateway may be inaccessible. It’s possible that this is related to ISP setup settings in certain circumstances.
This issue might potentially be caused by router settings or outdated drivers. According to certain users, McAffee security solutions may sometimes block your connection.
Because this issue may prohibit you from accessing the Internet, it’s critical to understand how to resolve it.
What should I do if the default gateway isn’t working?
1. Change the wireless router’s channel.
Your wireless channel and dual-band wireless adapters may cause troubles with the gateway at times. To resolve this problem, go to your wireless router’s settings and adjust the channel from automatic to a specific number.
Users have stated that changing the channel to 6 addressed the issue for them, but other channels should be tried as well.
We recommend consulting your wireless router’s handbook for complete information on how to alter the wireless channel.
Some users recommend altering the encryption mechanism in addition to changing the channel. Users claimed that encrypting their networks using WPA-WPA2 solved the problem for them.
If it fails, try experimenting with alternative encryption techniques. Keep in mind that certain encryption technologies are old and may not offer enough security.
3. Modify your network adapter’s Power Management settings.
- To enter the Power User Menu, press Windows Key + X and pick Device Manager from the list.
- Locate and double-click your network adapter.
- Go to the Power Management tab in the Properties window and uncheck Allow the computer to switch off this device to conserve power.
- To save the changes, click OK.
Some people say that altering the Power Management settings on your network adapter would solve the issue.
If you’re encountering this problem on Windows 10, make sure you’re using the most recent Ethernet driver. To install it, browse to the website of your motherboard maker and look for the most recent Ethernet driver for your device.
Drivers are updated automatically.
It’s crucial to note that manually downloading drivers is a dangerous proposition. By manually downloading the incorrect driver versions, you risk permanently damaging your machine.
As a result, we suggest utilizing a third-party driver updater program to automatically download all of your PC’s outdated drivers.
A faulty driver might result in a variety of issues. If this is the case, you may need to update or reinstall this component entirely. We advocate employing an automated program for the work since the procedure is not simple to accomplish. This is how you do it:
- DriverFix is available for download and installation.
- Start the app.
- Allow the program to identify all of your bad drivers.
- You’ll now be given with a list of all the problematic drivers, and all you have to do is choose the ones you want patched.
- Wait for DriverFix to complete the download and installation of the most recent drivers.
- To make the modifications take effect, restart your computer.
Install and use DriverFix now to protect your Windows from any issues caused by damaged drivers!
Disclaimer: In order to execute certain specified operations, this software must be updated from the free version.
4. Change your wireless adapter’s power saving mode.
- Enter power options by pressing Windows Key + S.
- From the menu, choose Power Options.
- Locate your current plan in the Power Options box and click Change plan options.
- Now choose Change advanced power settings from the drop-down menu.
- Set Maximum Performance in the Wireless Adapter Settings.
- To save your changes, click Apply and OK.
Some users say that you can correct the problem. Change your power choices to fix the default gateway is not accessible problem on Windows 10.
5. Modify the wireless router’s frequency.
Expert Tip: Some PC problems, such as damaged repositories or missing Windows files, are difficult to resolve. If you’re having problems repairing a mistake, it’s possible that your system is partly broken. Restoro is a tool that will scan your computer and determine the source of the problem. To download and begin mending, go here.
Although newer routers support the 5GHz frequency, your existing adapter may not, so you’ll have to switch to 2.4GHz.
Users stated that the gateway issues were repaired by switching the wifi frequency from 5GHz to 2.4GHz.
Check your router’s handbook for complete instructions on how to alter the wireless frequency, since the user interface varies by manufacturer.
6. Switch to 802.11g wifi mode.
- The Network Connections window should now be open.
- To do so, hit Windows Key + X and choose Network Connections from the menu that appears.
- Locate and right-click your wireless network adaptor.
- Select Properties from the drop-down menu.
- Select Configure from the drop-down menu.
- Select Wireless mode from the Advanced tab.
- From the drop-down option, choose 802.11g.
- Save your modifications and check to see whether the issue has been rectified.
Users claim that changing the wifi mode from 802.11g/b to 802.11g fixes difficulties with the default gateway. Follow these steps to do so:
7. Make use of the netshell reset command.
- As an administrator, open Command Prompt.
- By hitting Windows Key + X and selecting Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu, you may do so.
- Enter the following command when Command Prompt appears: int ip reset netsh
- Close Command Prompt and restart your computer after the operation is finished.
The default gateway not accessible problem may be fixed by resetting TCP/IP, according to users. What is the procedure for resetting your default gateway? Take the actions outlined above.
8. Remove McAfee from your computer.
Antivirus software may occasionally create network setting issues, and customers have stated that McAfee antivirus is one of them.
After you delete your antivirus, Windows Defender will safeguard your computer, but you may also use third-party antivirus software to protect yourself.
It is advised that you uninstall McAfee from your computer to resolve this problem. Did you realize that your antivirus software might prevent you from accessing the internet? To learn more, read our comprehensive guide.
Because the antivirus’s removal tool often fails to delete registry entries or remaining files, it’s typically best to utilize a third-party uninstaller.
When you delete a folder from a program file, it remains in the registry and on the machine.
The OS will presume that the software is still installed, but it will show an error message such as files missing when you access a file or application through a shortcut.
As a remedy, employ a professional uninstaller to remove software whenever feasible; otherwise, issues may arise in the future.
The default gateway isn’t working. The problem is frequently caused by out-of-date drivers or a misconfigured network.
Follow the steps above to resolve any network adapter difficulties, and don’t forget to check out our in-depth explanation on how to resolve network adapter issues.
If you have any further questions or would want to contribute anything to the discussion, please do so in the comments box below.
Are you still experiencing problems? Use this tool to fix them:
- Download this TrustPilot.com-rated PC Repair Tool (download starts on this page).
- To detect Windows faults that may be causing PC difficulties, click Start Scan.
- To repair faults with Patented Technologies, click Repair All (Exclusive Discount for our readers).
This month, 0 readers have downloaded Restoro.
Most Commonly Asked Questions
Was this page of assistance to you? 2
Thank you very much!
There are insufficient details It’s difficult to comprehend Other Speak with a Professional
There are 5 responses to this post.
Watch This Video-
The “the default gateway is not available windows 10 keeps happening reddit” is a problem that has been present for a while. There are many fixes to this problem, but there is no fix currently in place.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I fix the default gateway is not available Windows 10?
A: If youre having trouble with your computers internet connection, a common fix is to try and change the default gateway. To do this on Windows 10, simply navigate to Network Connections from the Control Panel. Next, locate your network card which should be listed as an option along with private or public networks at the top of that window. Click on it then click properties (the gear icon). A box will pop up asking for more information about your device such as its name and MAC address if applicable – fill in those values accordingly and select Open anyway when prompted by UAC. The following steps may also need to be taken depending on what kind of router you have; check out our article here https://www.howtogeek.com/185133/fix-your-internet-connection-on-windows10/.
How do I fix the default gateway is not available?
A: You need to set up the IP address of your router in Beat Saber PS4. If you want help doing this, please contact Sony support online or call them at 1-855-671-6347
How do I set a default gateway in Windows 10?
A: To set a default gateway, you should follow these instructions.
1) Open the Command Prompt with administrative privileges by right-clicking on it and choosing run as administrator option.
2) You can open up cmd in many different ways; one way is to type CMD or COMMAND into your search bar at the bottom of your Start menu and pressing enter.
3) Once inside cmd, type ipconfig /all (without quotes), this will display all current network connections for you to see if theres an error message like could not find interface. If nothing appears under IPV4 address then that means everything went fine(if so it would say something about IPv6). It may also say something along the lines of Gateway .
4) Now copy down that last line after just before Ipv6 addresses(the text might even be slightly bolded). For example my PC has a gateway listed as 192.168 . 1xx xxxx xx…x which translates roughly into 192.168/16 if convert from binary – do note that every computer is different but youll get close enough with whats written here.-and dont forget those digits afterwards!
- the default gateway is not available windows 10 keeps happening 2021
- the default gateway is not available windows 11
- the default gateway is not available keeps happening
- the default gateway is not available windows 7 keeps happening
- default gateway not available every few minutes