PS4 users are reporting a problem where they can’t connect their browser on their PS4, despite everything else seeming to be working. This is just one of the many issues that Sony has had with its console. Here’s how you fix it!
The “ps4 browser error wv-33898-1” is a common problem that many PS4 users have been experiencing. Sony has released the fix for this issue, which can be found in the link below.
WV-33898-1 on PS4?
Can’t get your PS4 browser to connect?
So, you just got your beautiful new PS4 or you’re trying to find something on Google, but you get an error message that says “Cannot show the website” on your screen.
There’s no need to be concerned since you’re not the only one experiencing this problem.
So, don’t worry; we’ve compiled a list of official solutions to PS4 WV-33898-1.
WV-33898-1 is a PS4 error code.
When you start a browser on your PS4 and attempt to visit a certain web page, you get the error WV-33898-1.
What is PS4 WV-33898-1 and what causes it?
The following are some of the causes of PS4 WV-33898-1:
- It’s possible that the PSN server is offline.
- It’s possible that the wifi signal isn’t strong enough.
- It’s possible that your DNS settings are incorrect.
Related: Why Isn’t My PS4 Controller Charging?
Check whether the PlayStation Network (PSN) is down as a first step.
If you believe your PS4 browser is running correctly, it’s possible that PS4 WV-33898-1 is caused by PSN servers that will be down for maintenance.
So all you can do now is validate that there is an issue.
What is the best way to check my PSN status?
Here’s how to check your PSN status:
- To check the status of the PlayStation Network, go to the PlayStation Network Service Status page.
- Check the status of the service, and if there is a problem, all you have to do is wait.
- If the server problem has been resolved, look for system software upgrades.
- And if the site won’t load, it’s almost certainly an issue with your internet connection.
If you suspect an internet issue, go to the following step to resolve PS4 WV-33898-1.
Also see: CE-36329-3 PS4 Error
Solution 2: Restart your router to resolve PS4 WV-33898-1.
If the preceding method doesn’t work, several customers have reported that power cycling their router fixes the PS4 WV-33898-1 browser on PS4.
How can I make my router power cycle automatically?
All you have to do now is follow the instructions below:
- Remove the power wire from the power switch to totally turn off your router.
- Now wait 5 to 10 minutes before plugging it back in.
- Also, check whether the PS4 browser is functioning correctly.
For a precise remedy, make sure you restart any impacted devices throughout the procedure.
To defeat PS4 WV-33898-1 PSN resolve, you’ll need a strong router like the one below.
TP-Link AC1750 Smart WiFi Router (Archer A7) -Dual Band Gigabit Wireless -QUICK BUY
3rd Option: Boost Your Wi-Fi Speed
What can I do to increase my Wi-Fi speed?
PS4 WV-33898-1 may also happen if your router is too far away from your computer, so try moving it closer and you’ll have powerful signals and a consistent internet connection.
Use a wireless device that is compatible with the 5GHz spectrum rather than the 2.4GHz channel.
If you are unable to do so, consider purchasing a powerful router that will supply you with strong and broad signals across your home.
You may also connect to the internet through a wired connection.
Then see whether the PS4 browser WV-33898-1 issue has been resolved.
If you still have PS4 WV-33898-1 after boosting your Wifi speed, continue on to the following option.
Also see: [Solved] PS4 Errors: A Comprehensive List
How to Change Your DNS Settings on a PS4 (Solution 4)
How can I get my PS4 unblocked from my router?
PS4WV-33898-1 might be caused by a bad DNS mistake.
So, here’s how to alter your DNS settings:
- Select Network Settings from the drop-down menu under Settings.
- Write down the IP Address, Subnet Mask, and Default Gateway after selecting View Connection Status.
- Then choose Set Up Internet Connection from the drop-down menu.
- Select the network you’re connected to.
- Select Custom > IP Address Settings > Manual from the drop-down menu.
- To match the Google DNS, put 18.104.22.168 for Primary and 22.214.171.124 for Secondary.
- Then, to save the changes, click OK.
- After that, reboot your PS4 to see whether the PSN fix WV-33898-1 has been resolved.
Solution 5: To fix WV-33898-1, look for a system software update.
If changing your DNS didn’t help, you’ll need to upgrade your PS4 System software to the most recent version.
- Go to your PS4’s main menu.
- Select System Software Update from the options menu.
- Select Next and then Update if there are any changes.
- A Notifications box will appear when the updates have been downloaded.
- To install the downloaded updates, go to Downloads.
- Your PS4 WV-33898-1 will be repaired if you restart it.
Solution 6: Contact your ISP to get your PS4’s browser fixed.
Contacting your Internet Service Provider is the very minimum you can do to resolve the browser issue on PS4 (ISP).
They’ll be able to access data that you can’t, and they’ll be able to figure out what’s wrong with your internet connection.
Additionally, request that your ISP open the following ports:
- 80, 443, 3478, 3479 TCP
- 65535 UDP: 3478, 3479, 49152
If the problem becomes more serious, they will send a professional to assist you.
Solution 7: Get in touch with PS4 Support.
The last option for resolving WV-33898-1 is to contact PS4 Support.
PS4 Support may be able to resolve the problem if it is console-specific.
I hope these answers were helpful in resolving PS4 WV-33898-1.
Also, if you have any questions, please leave them in the comments area.
Why can’t I get my PS4 to connect to the server?
Because the server may be unavailable or your internet connection isn’t operating correctly, your PS4 is unable to connect to it.
When your PS4 indicates it can’t connect to the server within the time restriction, what should you do?
You may try the following steps if your PS4 indicates it can’t connect to the server within the time limit: 1. Make sure you’re connected to the internet. 2. Change your DNS settings if possible. 3. Verify the status of the PSN service. 4. Restart your router.
When PSN does maintenance, how long does it take?
PSN does maintenance in roughly 2 hours.
Watch This Video-
The “wv-33898-1 final fantasy 14” is a problem that has been present for a while. Sony has released the solution to fix the issue, but this fix was only available in 2021.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I fix WV-33898-1 on PS4?
A: The best way to fix this error is by restarting your console. You can also do a system update on the PS4 if you dont feel comfortable with messing around in the settings panel.
How do I fix DNS error on PS4?
A: Error 1. Go to Settings on your PS4 and select Network, then click Test Internet Connection.
Error 2. Restarting the PS4 may also fix this issue- hold down power button for 10 seconds until it restarts, or follow these steps from the Sony website http://support.us.playstation.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/32191?p_h=1&p_u=PS4
How do I fix my CE 38706 4?
A: If the problem is that they are not charging or turning on, you will need to check your charger and try a new one. You can also put them in the freezer for 10 minutes then let them sit at room temperature for an hour before trying again.
- how to fix ps4 error code wv-33898-1
- wv-33898-1 2021
- wv-33898-1 youtube
- wv-33898-1 reddit
- ps4 cannot connect to the internet wv 33920 7