Arsenal are reportedly considering a winter move for Juventus striker Alexandre Lacazette. The Gunners have been linked with the Frenchman in recent weeks and now it seems they could make a move for him this month.
Juventus is reportedly eyeing Arsenal’s Alexandre Lacazette in a winter move. The Serie A club are looking to replace Gonzalo Higuain, who joined Napoli last month. Read more in detail here: where is juventus.
Juventus is one of many suitors for Alexandre Lacazette. Getty Images/Visionhaus
The summer transfer window for Europe’s major leagues has ended! Following a summer of international football, a slew of teams waited until the last minute to finalize their deals. Here you can see all of the key signings and see how we rated them. However, just because the window is closed until January doesn’t mean the rumors won’t continue.
TOP STORY: In January, Juve signed Lacazette.
According to rumours in Italy, Juventus are planning a January deal for Arsenal attacker Alexandre Lacazette.
According to Calciomercato, the Serie A club is interested in signing the French striker and will try to get him at a bargain during the winter transfer window. Arsenal may be forced to sell the 30-year-old when his contract expires next summer, as teams compete to sign him on a free transfer.
With a smart January move for the former Lyon striker who wants to leave the Emirates to win titles in his last years, Juve are hoping to leap to the head of the line.
Atletico Madrid, Sevilla FC, and AC Milan are all said to be interested in signing the striker, who scored in Arsenal’s 6-0 win against West Bromwich Albion recently.
– LaLiga, Bundesliga, MLS, FA Cup, and more on ESPN+ (U.S.) – Watch ESPN FC every day on ESPN+ (U.S. only) – Don’t have access to ESPN? Get immediate access
09.43 BST: According to ESPN’s James Olley, Chelsea are risking losing Antonio Rudiger on a free transfer next summer by refusing to fulfill his demands for a new deal.
The 28-year-old is in the last year of his current contract at Stamford Bridge, and negotiations for an extension have stalled since Euro 2020 ended in July.
According to ESPN, Rudiger wants to quadruple his £100,000-per-week salary to sign what would most likely be his last major contract. Chelsea has only said that they are prepared to pay approximately £150,000 per week so far, and the standoff has piqued the attention of many big European teams.
The financial effect of COVID-19 has restricted the transfer power of many elite clubs, thus the idea of a Champions League-winning centre-back in his prime being available for free would certainly entice PSG, Real Madrid, and Juventus, all of which have shown interest in Rudiger before.
From January 1, he will be able to speak directly with foreign teams. Rudiger has previously said that he explored a transfer to London rivals Tottenham Hotspur during Jose Mourinho’s tenure as manager.
08.49 BST: Mikel Arteta has rejected rumours of a split with Bernd Leno, but has challenged the Germany international to compete with Aaron Ramsdale for the No. 1 position at Arsenal.
Last Saturday, Leno was benched as Arsenal won their first Premier League match of the season, 1-0 against Norwich. Following a £32 million summer transfer from Sheffield United, Ramsdale made his league debut, prompting rumors in Germany that Leno had reacted poorly, but that he had been assured he would start the north London derby against Tottenham later this month.
“No, that’s not true,” Arteta stated on Thursday, ahead of Saturday’s match against Burnley. “You may be angry, but he was on top of his squad in training with everything, so that isn’t true.”
“I’m not sure where they came from, but they’re ahead of me!” I believe I am the one who selects the weekend squad, and I sometimes read things about which I am undecided. They only offer me ideas because I haven’t made a choice for Saturday — image what would happen if I had for the north London derby.
“What we want to do is empower performance by asking them to practice, behave, and play as well as they can.” How can I make a promise to someone?
“It wouldn’t make sense given what we’re asking of them.” So it doesn’t matter what you accomplished three months ago in football on a daily basis. So is what you’ll do today and tomorrow, and that’s all there is to it.
“Aaron has come to help us become better. On that particular day, we needed a result, so I chose to play him. That is all there is to it.”
The introduction of Radamel Falcao at Rayo Vallecano drew over 2,500 spectators at 08.00 BST. After ending his contract with Galatasaray, the 35-year-old joined the club as a free agent on deadline day.
“One of my goals is to play for the Colombian national team,” the former Atletico Madrid star stated. We’re competing for a place in the World Cup in Qatar, and what better way to prepare than to come to this club that allows me to play?
“I’m ecstatic to be at Rayo.” My ambition is to provide many goals and pleasure to all of the fans. LaLiga is a tournament that I am familiar with. I’m really looking forward to that. I’ve discovered a squad with a lot of talent and a lot of desire.
“I’m in excellent spirits.” In the past several months, I’ve been able to concentrate on my fitness as a result of this opportunity. Perhaps I lacked consistency since I knew I would be leaving Galatasaray. I need consistency and minutes, and I’m certain that I have both, so everything will go well.
“I’m aware of Rayo’s objectives. We’ve prepared ourselves for this. Everyone in this room wants to be victorious. We may dream of greater things if we accomplish our goal, which is to preserve our league position.”
GOSSIP ON PAPER (by Adam Brown)
• Best movements by Barnwell: 100-51 | 50-1 • The most recent significant transfers • January transfer grades
– According to AS, members of Barcelona’s board of directors have demanded that Ronald Koeman be fired immediately. Some members of the club’s upper management are reported to have lost patience with the Dutch coach and doubt his ability to lead the squad ahead. Recent reports indicated that club president Joan Laporta was planning to give Koeman a new contract, but this may be postponed as worries grow after Barcelona’s 3-0 loss to Bayern Munich.
– According to Calciomercato, Internazionale will want to sign a striker in January. According to reports, the Nerazzurri aren’t completely convinced with Edin Dzeko and are looking into other possibilities for a January transfer. Gianluca Scamacca of Sassuolo and Andrea Petagna of Napoli were two strikers that the Italian club had previously shown interest in, and the team is ready to explore the possibility of signing one of the Serie A frontmen.
– Barcelona’s interest in Karim Adeyemi may wane due to worries about the winger’s ability to reach his full potential. The Blaugrana see the Germany international joining RB Leipzig, according to Mundo Deportivo, with the LaLiga club willing to wait and see how the 19-year-old performs in a more difficult league. Several teams have shown interest in the FC Salzburg winger, including Liverpool, who have allegedly begun negotiations with the Austrian club.
– According to Le 10 Sport, Real Madrid were interested in signing David Luiz. According to the source, Carlo Ancelotti was interested in bringing the former Chelsea defender to the Santiago Bernabeu, but the deal fell through due to uncertainties over the number of foreign player slots available for squad registration. After playing at Arsenal last season, the Brazilian joined Flamengo.
– Manchester United are in contract negotiations with Jesse Lingard, according to Fabrizio Romano. The offensive midfielder’s contract is scheduled to expire next summer, and the 28-year-old has yet to agree on fresh terms due to concerns about receiving consistent playing time. After a successful loan stint with West Ham United last season, Ole Gunnar Solskjaer is said to want to retain the England international at Old Trafford.
- juventus standings
- arsenal football club