The Razer Kraken is the latest addition to the company’s range of gaming headsets, but it seems like some users are having difficulties with its microphone. This can be fixed by following these steps.
The razer kraken mic too quiet is a common issue that affects many people. There are several fixes that can be done to fix the problem.
If your Razer Kraken mic doesn’t function once you connect it to your computer, don’t worry. You may use one of the ways below to get it working again.
You have six options for resolving the issue listed below. You may try each one separately until the issue is resolved.
Method 1: Look at the hardware problems.
Damaged microphone ports or microphones may be the source of the issue. To resolve the issue, follow these steps:
Note: If your computer only has one port, this troubleshooter will not work for you; instead, proceed to the following technique.
First, try plugging your Razer Kraken microphone into a different microphone port to check if the issue still exists. If it works on another port, the issue is most likely due to a faulty microphone port.
Second, try the microphone on a different computer to check whether the issue still exists. If it works on another computer, that indicates the microphone isn’t faulty.
After you’ve verified that all of your gear is working properly, you may go on to additional techniques.
Method 2: Modify the privacy settings on your computer.
When the Razer Kraken microphone stops working correctly, it may be configured to prevent you from accessing your computer. You’ll need to modify the Privacy settings in this instance.
To do so:
1) To open the Settings window, press Win+I (the Windows logo key and the I key at the same time) on your keyboard.
2) Select Privacy from the Settings box.
3) In the left pane, choose Microphone, and in the right pane, click Change to check whether the toggle for ‘Microphone access for this device’ has been changed to Off. If it’s turned off, just click the toggle to enable it.
In the meanwhile, make sure the Allow applications to access your microphone option is turned on.
4) Scroll down to the section titled “Choose which applications may use your microphone” and double-check that all of the apps you require have access to the microphone.
5) Check to verify whether your Razer Kraken mic works after adjusting the Privacy settings.
Method 3: Modify the settings on your microphone device.
Your Razer Kraken mic will not function correctly if the microphone device is not configured as the default device. As a result, make sure your microphone is configured as the default device. Here’s how to go about it:
1) To open the Run box, press Win+R (the Windows logo key and the R key) at the same time on your keyboard.
2) To open the Control Panel window, type control panel into the Run box and click OK.
3) Select Hardware and Sound from the Category drop-down menu.
4) Select Sound from the drop-down menu.
5) Go to the Recording tab and click it. Then click Set default on the ‘Headset Microphone’ device to make it the default device.
It’s conceivable that the device is deactivated and hidden if you don’t see ‘Headset Microphone’ mentioned. To make it appear, you’ll need to modify the setting. To do so, follow these steps:
a. Select Show Disabled Devices and Show Disconnected Devices from the context menu after right-clicking on the blank area.
a. Right-click on Headset Microphone and choose Enable from the menu that appears. Set it as the default device after it’s been enabled.
6) To save the changes, click OK.
7) Verify that the issue has been addressed.
Run the audio troubleshooter (method 4)
You may use the audio troubleshooter to resolve sound issues on your computer at any time. Take the following steps:
1) To launch search, press Win+S (the Windows logo key plus the S key) on your keyboard.
2) In the search box, type “troubleshoot settings” and choose Troubleshooter settings from the list of results.
3) Select Additional Troubleshooters from the drop-down menu.
4) Select Playing Audio from the drop-down menu and select Run the Troubleshooter.
5) Finish the troubleshooting by following the wizard’s instructions.
Try Method 5 if your Razer Kraken mic is still not working.
Install the most recent Windows Updates (method 5)
Install the most recent Windows Updates and see if it helps. The newest system upgrades and audio drivers are included in the Windows Update, which may help to resolve the Razer Kraken mic not functioning problem.
1) To open the Settings window, hit Win+I (the Windows logo key plus the I key) on your keyboard.
2) Select Update & Security from the drop-down menu.
3) On the left side, select Windows Update and then Check for Updates. Then Windows will update your machine with the most recent updates. If your computer prompts you to restart it, just do so.
Method 6: Install the latest audio driver
The final option is to attempt updating the audio driver.
You may upgrade the audio driver by going to the PC manufacturer’s website and downloading the most recent version.
You’ll need to know what version of Windows you’re running or what audio card you have to properly download the driver.
If you don’t know much about drivers, you should utilize a third-party driver update tool. Driver Booster is one of the most effective driver updating programs available.
With Driver Booster, you can update all of your drivers with a single click. After you’ve downloaded and installed it on your computer, run it to scan it for any missing or outdated drivers, including the audio driver.
The audio driver may then be updated with a single click.
Check to verify whether your Razer Kraken mic works after upgrading the audio driver.
I hope you found this post useful. Please leave a remark below if you have any questions, thoughts, or recommendations.
The razer kraken discord problems is a problem that has been present for a while. Razer has released an official statement on the issue and how to fix it.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why is my Razer Kraken mic not working?
Your Razer Kraken mic is not working because you have to plug in your microphone into the USB port on your computer.
How do I fix my Razer mic?
The first thing you want to do is make sure your mic is plugged in and turned on. If that doesnt work, then try restarting your computer.
How do I fix my Razer Kraken mic is quiet?
The Razer Kraken mic is quiet.
- razer kraken mic not working reddit
- how to test razer kraken mic
- razer kraken drivers
- razer headset mic not working discord
- razer blackshark v2 mic not working