Background apps are just one of the many ways your computer can run slowly, but you may not even know it. This tutorial will teach you how to stop background apps on Windows 10 with a few easy steps.
The “how to stop apps running in background windows 11” is a problem that has been present for a while. There are many different solutions to this issue, but one of the easiest ways is by disabling your apps from running in the background.
When you are not using an app, most of them are closed with Windows 11. However, some of them continue to run in the background. Feedback Hub, Get Help, Maps, People, Sticky Notes, and many more are examples.
Widgets in Windows 11 must run in the background to get the most recent weather, stock, traffic, news, tips, and other information. It’s possible that if you disable that background app, you won’t receive the most recent updates.
Windows 11 – Advantage – Disable All Background Apps
When there are too many background processes running, it consumes a lot of CPU, RAM, and GPU resources. As a result, your computer will slow down. It is not an issue if your hardware setup is the most recent, with an 11th generation i7 Intel CPU and 16GB DDR4 RAM.
However, if you have an older laptop with just 4GB of RAM and a Core 2 Duo processor, the amount of background programs you can run is limited. Additionally, certain programs need excessive system processes, which causes other operations to be delayed.
For all of these convoluted reasons, you may either turn off all background programs in Windows 11 or only the ones you need.
We’ll look at three different ways to stop all background programs in Windows 11 at once or one by one in this article.
Windows 11 – Group Policy Editor – How to Disable Background Apps
This strategy will bring all background programs to a halt in one fell swoop. This is an excellent method if you want to turn off all of your applications.
- Open the Editor for Local Group Policies. Type “group policy” into the Win key. Then choose Edit Group Policy from the control box.
- Go along the following road – Administrative TemplatesAdministrative Configuration App PrivacyWindows Components
- On the right-hand side, choose Standard. Toggle the window to full screen mode.
- Double-click the “Let Windows programs run in the background” option. It’s getting close to the bottom.
- Select Disabled from the drop-down menu. Click the OK button. Close the Policy Editor for Local Groups.
- Restart the computer.
This will turn off all of the background programs in Windows 11 at the same time.
Two Methods to Stop a Single App from Running in the Background in Windows 11
Individual programs may be stopped from operating in the background in a different method. Let’s have a look at the first technique.
Using the Windows 11 Settings, disable a background app.
- To launch Settings, press the Win + I keys simultaneously.
- Apps & Features > Apps & Features
- There’s a list of all of your applications.
- Select the needed app by clicking the three vertical dots.
- Go to Advanced Options and choose it.
- Select “Never” from the drop-down menu under Background applications permission.
- It will be Power-optimized by default (Recommended).
The program will no longer operate in the background if you do this. For instance, I turned off the Feedback Hub app.
How to Turn Off the BackGround App on a Windows 11 Laptop
The following approach also works in older versions of Windows 11 or on a laptop.
- As previously, open the Settings app.
- System > Battery & Power
- Select Battery Usage from the Battery section.
- Then navigate to the section under “Battery utilization by app.”
- Locate the app you want to use. To the right of the app’s name, click the three vertical dots.
- Manage background activities is the option to choose.
- Select Never from the drop-down menu under Background app permissions.
This will deactivate background programs in the Windows 11 laptop app list.
If you believe it is essential, you may always restore the app’s background activity. Some applications do not need a large amount of resources. In such case, you may turn them off. However, some of them are required.
You may use a trial-and-error method, but this can slow down your PC or laptop. After that, you may determine if the aforementioned group policy editor method is sufficient or whether the single app adjustment is preferable.
If you have any problems after deactivating the background programs in Windows 11, please let me know.
This site contains some Amazon affiliate items. When you buy any of the items, you will get a little commission. There is no additional cost. There will be no spam. I earn money as an Amazon Associate by making qualifying purchases.
The “how to check running apps in windows 10” is a tutorial that will teach you how to disable background apps.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I turn off background apps in settings?
A: To turn off background apps go to Settings > Apps from the PS4 menu. Choose Turn Off Background App and youll be able to select which app(s) should no longer run in the background.
How do I limit background processes in Windows 11?
A: You can limit background processes with the Task Manager.
How do I stop apps from running in the background on Windows?
A: To stop apps from running in the background on Windows, you can change your settings to turn off Background Processes.
- turn off background apps windows 10
- disable all background apps windows 11
- background processes windows 10
- how to close running apps in windows 10
- disable background apps while gaming